Auditing network traffic

Lev Stipakov lstipakov at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 09:49:13 UTC 2016

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your comments! It seems that AUDIT target is better option
than hooking syscalls and managing fds. I don't have to look inside
traffic, just src/dest and bytes count is enough for me.

What would be the performance implications of that approach comparison
to, say, libpcap option? Mostly I am concerned about logging part -
seems that every packet produces NETFILTER_PKT record. I could not find
any way to disable that, except probably disabling logging all together
but that will break ausearch.

-Lev