Weird issues in 2.6.5

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Wed Jul 13 17:07:42 UTC 2016

On Wednesday, July 13, 2016 9:55:32 AM EDT Chris Nandor wrote:
> I'll try that module and those rules out, thanks.
>
> Also, do you forsee issues with using 2.6.x userspace on ubuntu12.04, which
> is about four years old now?  Its kernel version 3.2.0-99-generic.

That's a tricky question for me to answer. You would probably be in a non-
supported position. I also don't know if they have made any patches for
APP_ARMOR support in the audit system. There are a few things that auditctl
might look for in newer kernels but it should gracefully handle it. It should
be compatible with the rest of user space.

So, give it a try. It may work. It should be easy to go back if something is
wrong.

-Steve