How can I install the latest version of Linux Audit on CentOS 6.8?

Mateusz Piotrowski 0mp at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jul 15 12:52:02 UTC 2016

Hello,

I’m trying to update the 2013 version of auditd on a just installed CentOS 6.8-i386.

So far I’ve downloaded audit-userspace from GitHub[1] and I’ve faced a couple of problems:

1. README says that I should consult the README-install file. I cannot see this file. Where is it?
2. I consulted the INSTALL.tmp and since I’ve not got any ./configure file inside my clone I deducted I’ve got to run ./autogen.sh. I was missing some dependencies so I ran `yum install autoconf automake libtool`.

 Then I ran `./configure --sbindir=/sbin --with-python=yes --with-libwrap --enable-gssapi-krb5=yes --with-libcap-ng=yes` but the command failed at this is a part of the log I got (the full log file is available here[2]):

    configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-libcap-ng
    Checking for programs
    ./configure: line 13130: AX_PROG_CC_FOR_BUILD: command not found
    Checking for header files
    checking for python... /usr/bin/python
    checking for python version... 2.6
    checking for python platform... linux2
    checking for python script directory... ${prefix}/lib/python2.6/site-packages
    checking for python extension module directory... ${exec_prefix}/lib/python2.6/site-packages
    configure: error: Python explicitly requested and python headers were not found

 Have you got any idea what the problem is?

Is there an easier way to get the latest Linux Audit version on my system?

Cheers!

-m

[1]: https://github.com/linux-audit/audit-userspace <https://github.com/linux-audit/audit-userspace>
[2]: http://pastebin.com/jd7ZSmLV <http://pastebin.com/jd7ZSmLV>