Audisp-remote - connection refused.

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Tue Oct 3 20:22:40 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, October 3, 2017 4:00:27 PM EDT Rituraj Buddhisagar wrote:
> Steve,
>
> Here is the relevant discussion on disabling the tcp listener on Ubuntu.
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-audit/2012-September/msg00027.html
>
> I do not know what exactly caused change - but now I think it should be
> enabled in distributions.
>
> Please let me know.
>
> Btw, I got auditd running (by setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable) from source
> now. Still audispd is not started now - what is the way / sequence to start
> auditd and audispd - if you can point me to some reference or a startup
> script will help.

Since you installed in a non-standard location, you probably need to adjust
paths in the config files.

What I would recommend is not to build and install by hand, but to use their
package manager to build a new package with listening enabled. The ./configure
script takes a --disable-listener parameter. So, its probably as simple as
deleting that in the source package and rebuilding.

That said, I have no idea how to build a package on Debian or Ubuntu.