Audisp-remote - connection refused.

Rituraj Buddhisagar rituraj at vayana.com
Wed Oct 4 14:01:49 UTC 2017

Hi Steve / List

Now, I have built auditd from source as per the mail thread and then also
created a startup script.

The auditd is starting successfully.

The client is able to connect to the aggregating server.

*node=guslogs type=DAEMON_ACCEPT msg=audit(1507125123.240:7272):
addr=192.168.103.2 port=60 res=success*

I have made the necessary change in the server in /etc/audit/auditd.conf

*log_format = NOLOG*

I do not see any logs being populated - I checked log file on client, the
server - also the /var/spool/audit/remote.log on the client.
On the server side /var/spool/audit/remote.log is empty (I am not sure if
this is something I should be checking at all)

I am clueless as to what is happening. Is there some way to debug this?
Where are these logs getting lost?
When change the log_format back to RAW I do see the logs getting created on
the client.

I did my best reading on net and debugging this - but no success. Please
help.