Audisp-remote - connection refused.

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Wed Oct 4 16:28:45 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, October 4, 2017 12:02:06 PM EDT Rituraj Buddhisagar wrote:
> HI Steve,
>
> I did the necessary,
> Change in auditd.conf - log_format to ENRICHED.
> write_logs set to "no" on client and "yes" on aggregating server.
> name_format was already set in auditd.conf and not in audispd.conf on both
> the servers.
>
> I still do not see any logs coming in /var/log/audit/audit.log on
> aggregating server.

You can run auditd -f on both systems to see on screen what is happening. Then
on the remote, auditctl -m test. You should see it on the remote screen
followed by the server screen. If you do, then something is wrong with your
config file paths.

If you don't see events, I think you have some troubleshooting of your own to
do. I can't see your system so you'll have to figure it out. I also updated
the INSTALL file in github to better reflect how to build and install it from
scratch.

> Any debugging tools to see the queue of audisp-remote? The spool file
> /var/spool/audit/remote.log is not having entries populated (btw I had to
> create it manually).

It only uses a spool file if the mode is forward. Immediate mode does not use
it.