null pointer dereference regression in 5.7

Paul Moore paul at paul-moore.com
Fri Jul 24 19:10:18 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 8:57 AM Richard Guy Briggs <rgb at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 2020-07-22 21:01, Paul Moore wrote:
> > Do you have a rough idea as to how long it would take to chase down
> > all the code paths?  I'm asking not to rush you, but to figure out if
> > we should revert the patch now to resolve the problem and restore it
> > later once we are confident there are no additional issues lurking.
>
> I figure 2-3 days.

Okay.  I think we need to submit a revert for v5.8 and -stable (which
is pretty limited at this point); can you put that together and send
it to the list?  It should be trivial, if you can't do it let me know.

> I'm trying to remember the name of the tool to build a function calling
> tree, either up or down.  Was it cscope?  Or is there something more
> modern?  It will have some limitations due to op function pointers.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, I always just walk the code by
hand in my editor with cscope or lxr as tools on the side.

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com