auditd not logging proper log.

Rakesh Kumar rakesh_kumar2554 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 7 04:47:56 UTC 2021

Hi Team,

1)I am using this version of auditctl version 2.4.4 . So does this version has the user login/logout info to log into audit.log ?

2) If u  to want to see the pam.d/login file configuration to check why its not logging the login/logout info then please let me know about this , i will be happy to share that file.or if it needs other pam file to check also please let me know that also.
As i see in my system that [kauditd] is running so it log all login info.
Please help me on this .
Regards,Rakesh    On Thursday, July 29, 2021, 09:49:03 PM GMT+5:30, Steve Grubb <sgrubb at redhat.com> wrote:

 On Thursday, July 29, 2021 4:19:16 AM EDT Rakesh Kumar wrote:
> I did not get you, in kernel auditd is enabled like kauditd is running then
> what exactly we have to do changes in my system to get full login n log
> out info in audit. Log file.

Logging in/out is done in 2 places. First, pam records what it knows. But the
entry point daemon is also supposed to send USER_LOGIN and USER_LOGOUT
events.

Complete information is here:
https://github.com/linux-audit/audit-documentation/wiki/SPEC-User-Login-Lifecycle-Events

Gdm, Kdm, and sshd all have been updated to record these events. All that is
needed is to configure --with-audit during the package build. By now, I would
expect all distros to do that.

-Steve