Maximum Value for q_depth

Amjad Gabbar amjadgabbar11 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 04:00:50 UTC 2021

Got it. Makes sense to me. Thanks for the explanation Steve.

One last thing though based on the discussion we had, if the kernel is able
to offload events even during bursts, wouldn’t setting q_depth
=backlog_limit be enough?

The reason being if there was an overflow on the kernel side, a different
message would be printed in the logs but because it is all dispatch errors,
I assume the kernel is able to handle the burst which is why the reasoning
of increasing q_depth to backlog_limit.

Thanks
Amjad