[Linux-cachefs] kernel panic with cachefilesd and sendmail

David Howells dhowells at redhat.com
Mon Nov 26 15:31:45 UTC 2007

DAICON <daicon at daicoon.org> wrote:

>  - Does the development of cachefilesd continue?

Yeah, though most of the work is focussed on trying to get FS-Cache and
CacheFiles upstream, a target that is proving somewhat elusive.

>  - Does this patch apply to RHEL?

The patches have moved on since then.  The rate of change of the kernel is
very high, and cachefiles touches a wide array of things.

>  - If this patch will apply to RHEL, when is time?

It should hopefully be possible to backport it to RHEL-5, though I'm not sure
as the security stuff has to change quite a lot, and there's a no-kABI-breakage
policy.  It won't backport to RHEL-4 because of the NFS changes required.

David