[Linux-cachefs] Kernel 2.6.30-rc2

Edward Konetzko konetzed at quixoticagony.com
Wed Apr 29 19:40:59 UTC 2009

I have been testing fscache with kernel 2.6.29-rc3 and everything works
as expected. I have been testing 2.6.30-rc2 and everything appeared to
be working fine except when I look the resource graphs it seems like
objects are not being retried from cachefilesd after they are cached on
disk.  I have stopped cachefilesd, cleaned out its cache, rebooted
verified everything in dmesg and lsmod is correct and the behavior of no
caching persists.  I have resorted back to the 2.6.29-rc3 kernel pulled
from Howells git repo and everything works as expected with no changes
to the system.

My test for checking out fscache is very simple I am just copying over
the kernel try from an nfs mount to local disk then remove the copied
files and repeat.

I am building kernel 2.6.30-rc3 right now and going to see if I have the
same problem.  I was just wondering if there was something wrong with
2.6.30-rc2.

More info about my system
mount.nfs (linux nfs-utils 1.1.5)
cachefilesd-0.9.tar.bz2