[Linux-cachefs] Kernel 2.6.30-rc2

Eli Stair estair at ilm.com
Wed Apr 29 19:50:45 UTC 2009

An initial "me too" since I haven't had a chance yet to debug why and post
something more depth... but I'm seeing the same behaviour with -rc3, using
cachefilesd 0.9 and mount.nfs from nfs-utils 1.1.6.

Many (but not all) files that are read from an fsc-mounted NFS3 share are
written in the fscache location (using ext3 with user_xattr and dir_index),
FWIW it seems anecdotally that files >~200MB are not being written to the
fscache ever.  For some reason the total size of the cache hasn't exceeded
599MB before triggering an OOPS or simply ceasing to continue filling.

Also, effectively NO cached file reads are occurring from the fscache, as
evidenced by both inotify and watching IOPS to the underlying block device
hosting the ext3 filesystem.

I plan to look into this further ASAP, but right now that's all I can say for
sure.  As soon as I get a chance to reproduce the kernel oops, cachefilesd
errors, etc I'll re-post if it's before this is fixed.

/eli