[Linux-cachefs] Possible patch for CacheFiles: I/O Error: Unlink failed

Edward "koko" Konetzko konetzed at quixoticagony.com
Fri Apr 2 16:02:46 UTC 2010

>> Also - Is it possible to use a RAMdisk for /var/fscache?
>>
>> This would obviously provide 4GB of super fast caching .
>>
>> Greg

Greg

It was a while ago now but during my test the load avg on the box went
up to about 70 and using a 1 gig ramdisk mounted on /var/fscache dropped
the load to about .5 higher then normal.  This howto has the tune2fs
options in it you need to add or you will get strange issues,
http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7378/2/

Hope this helps
Edward