[Linux-cluster] need a help

Yazan Bakheit yazan at ccs.com.jo
Wed Dec 8 20:45:34 UTC 2004

hi

   im new in the field , we bought the cluster suit , and i have problem
making the cluster, here i will explain my problem :

     i have two nodes each has RedHat Enterprise linux V3 intalled, and i
have a shared storage coneccted with the two nodes, the shared has 4 HD
(each 72GB) and was managed as RAID 5 , each node can see the shared
storage, and from the first node i made a partion with 90GB on the shared
storage, my problem is that i mounted the new partition on the two nodes on
the /u01 folder, now the new partition can be seen by the two nodes from the
/u01 mount point, but when i make any directory from the first node1 then i
couldnt see the new directory from the other node until i make a umount and
then a mount for the /u01 to see the changes.

  this is my problem , so i need to know what option can i use with the
mount command to see the changes directly on each node, ( i used [mount -o
sync,atim,......] from the man page of mount , i tried all of the options
but with no benifit).

    sorry for long E-mail , but i really need to know how the changes can be
seen on the two nodes without the procedure of (umount then mount to see the
result).

 Thanks.