[Linux-cluster] need a help

linux-cluster at spam.dragonhold.org linux-cluster at spam.dragonhold.org
Wed Dec 8 10:57:23 UTC 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 12:45:34PM -0800, Yazan  Bakheit wrote:
>   this is my problem , so i need to know what option can i use with the
> mount command to see the changes directly on each node, ( i used [mount -o
> sync,atim,......] from the man page of mount , i tried all of the options
> but with no benifit).
You need to use GFS or similar "cluster" file system - other file systems cache things internally, and therefore you will get this sort of problem.

For example, if you do an ls on each machine, they will cache the blocks that represent that directory - then you won't see any changes as long as that buffer is still available - hence the need to unmount or remount.  There is no way (that I know of) of using a "standard" filesystem locally mounted to both - the entire reason for the existence of GFS is this issue.