[Linux-cluster] oracle 9i on redhat cluster suite

Cian Cullinan cian.cullinan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 11:00:21 UTC 2004

Hi,
I'm looking to set up oracle 9i on a two RH ES3 machines running
Redhat Cluster suite. There's a short section in the Cluster suite
manual on running Oracle but it's a bit lacking in details. Has anyone
done this before and would be willing to answer a few questions, or
know of some decent on-line documentation?
A couple of quick questions off the top of my head:
1) Do I install Oracle on each machine (as is normal for clustered
applications) or just once on a shared disk?
2) If on a shared disk, do I need to copy any files from /etc,
/home/oracle between the two machines before starting?

Thanks,
Cian