[Linux-cluster] GNBD, how good it is ?

Kresimir Kukulj madmax at iskon.hr
Thu Jul 8 14:47:24 UTC 2004

What is the difference/development status of RedHat's (sistina) GNBD
compared to OpenGFS GNBD ? Which one is more stable ? I see on sourceforge
project page that OpenGFS GNBD was not updated since 2002.

I also found NBD, ENBD, DRBD but these don't support client nodes to be
mounted (even read-only) if master node is using the device.

Is there any other technology (software) that can export a block device from
1 master to couple of slave nodes ? Read only access on client nodes is good
enough.

Is anyone using some kind of network block device in production, and with
what success ?

Thanks.

Kresimir Kukulj                      madmax at iskon.hr