[Linux-cluster] Discover persistent/orphan lock

Stanley Wang stanley.wang at linux.intel.com
Mon Oct 18 10:07:35 UTC 2004

We met some problems about DLM's persistent/orphan lock feature. DLM
does nothing when a user mode lock client that holds persistent locks
exits abnormally. Then the resource master has totally no idea about the
persistent/orphan lock. Hence it's impossible for other clients to know
that this lock is an orphan lock.
Another one is that there is no way to query orphan lock though
dlm_query. A dedicated query command is needed for it.

Any comments?

I did little hacks against DLM to resolve these probelms (please check
out the attachment). I use a special way to notify resouce master when a
lock become orphan lock (conver to the granted mode with a new special
flag).

Best Regards,
Stan
--
Opinions expressed are those of the author and do not represent Intel
Corporation