[Linux-cluster] Discover persistent/orphan lock

Patrick Caulfield pcaulfie at redhat.com
Mon Oct 18 15:25:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 10:07:35AM +0000, Stanley Wang wrote:
> We met some problems about DLM's persistent/orphan lock feature. DLM
> does nothing when a user mode lock client that holds persistent locks
> exits abnormally. Then the resource master has totally no idea about the
> persistent/orphan lock. Hence it's impossible for other clients to know
> that this lock is an orphan lock.
> Another one is that there is no way to query orphan lock though
> dlm_query. A dedicated query command is needed for it.
>
> Any comments?

Thanks, that looks reasonable. Though I'll add ORPHAN to lkb_flags rather than
having a dedicated structure member for it I think.

Actually "persistent" was a feature, "orphan" wasn't (as you noticed!). The
feature that needed persistent locks didn't need orphans.

I'll get this patch applied shortly.
--

patrick