[Linux-cluster] clvmd without GFS?

Cahill, Ben M ben.m.cahill at intel.com
Thu Oct 28 19:59:44 UTC 2004

I'd be curious to know if it makes a difference if you mount using -o
noatime option (see man mount)?  The default access-time update
threshold for GFS is 3600 seconds (1 hour).  This can cause a bunch of
write transactions to happen, even if you're just doing a read operation
such as ls.  Since your exercise is taking over an hour, this might be
thrashing the atime updates, but I don't know how much that might be
adding.

-- Ben --

Opinions are mine, not Intel's