[Linux-cluster] clvmd without GFS?

Matt Mitchell mmitchell at virtualproperties.com
Thu Oct 28 21:39:08 UTC 2004

Cahill, Ben M wrote:

> [...]

Looks like that is the case for the second time slowness; it also
probably explains why the directory seemed relatively snappy immediately
after I finished populating it but not at all the next morning.

hudson:/mnt/xs_media# mount
[ snipped ]
/dev/mapper/xs_gfsvg-xs_media on /mnt/xs_media type gfs (rw,noatime)
hudson:/mnt/xs_media# time sh -c 'ls 100032/mls/fmls_stills | wc -l'
298407

real    74m15.781s
user    0m5.546s
sys     0m40.529s
hudson:/mnt/xs_media# time sh -c 'ls 100032/mls/fmls_stills | wc -l'
298407

real    3m37.052s
user    0m5.502s
sys     0m12.643s

For sake of comparison, here is the same thing after unmounting both
nodes and remounting only hudson, again with noatime (so it is not
touching any disk blocks):
hudson:/mnt/xs_media# time sh -c 'ls 100032/mls/fmls_stills | wc -l'
298407

real    3m59.533s
user    0m5.501s
sys     0m51.741s

(Now I am trying to unmount the partition again, and it's hanging.)

So it is definitely dlm behaving badly...?

-m