[Linux-cluster] ipv6_loopback symbol in 2.6.12

Javi Polo javipolo at datagrama.net
Thu Aug 4 11:00:48 UTC 2005

Hi there

I managed to compile almost everything fine, and wanted to do some
testing, but I realise that lock_gulm has some undefined reference:

gfstest1:/usr/src/linux# modprobe lock_gulm
FATAL: Error inserting lock_gulm (/lib/modules/2.6.12.3/kernel/fs/gfs_locking/lock_gulm/lock_gulm.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
gfstest1:/usr/src/linux# dmesg |grep gulm
lock_gulm: Unknown symbol in6addr_loopback
lock_gulm: Unknown symbol in6addr_loopback
gfstest1:/usr/src/linux#

I added ipv6 support (though I didnt want to). Is it required?

and anyway, I suppose they must have changed something in the kernel, as
I got this error.

I had to fix several things (2.6.x is changing so much, i guess) that I
found on the archives, but no fix refering to this ipv6 thing.

Can anybody give me a hint? :P

thanks in advance ;)

--
Javier Polo @ Datagrama