[Linux-cluster] exporting gfs quotas over nfs (was: GFS -> NFS, Locking and quotas)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Aug 11 13:31:17 UTC 2005

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 06:14:04PM +0900, Nathan Ollerenshaw wrote:
> 1. It should support quotas.
>
> It seems that GFS supports quotas just fine, using some commands on the
> machines mounting the GFS filesystems. While this is fine, ideally I'd
> like to be able to query and set the quota information using
> rpc.rquotad and the associated commands 'edquota' and 'quota'.
>
> Is this possible?

Found this in the archives w/o an answer. What is the best practice to
export quotas over NFS? Does rpc.rquotad interact with gfs' quotas? If
not one could think of using the conventional quota utils, but are
they cluster-safe?

Thanks.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net