[Linux-cluster] Re: If I have 5 GNBD server?

brianu brianu at silvercash.com
Sat Aug 27 00:51:30 UTC 2005

Hello all,

This is a question I have basically been asking, the question on why you
would want to do it is failover, the docs at
http://sourceware.org/cluster/gnbd/gnbd_usage.txt state that dm-multipath is
an option for gnbd, and documents elsewhere also indicate that GNBD can be
configured as a redundancy, yet I cannot find any documentation on how to
configure it.

If using LVM to make a volume of imported gnbds is not the answer for
redundancy can anyone suggest a method that is? Im not opposed to using any
other resource of cluster or GFS but I would really like to implement a
redundant solution, ( gnbd, gulm, etc.).

Does anyone has an example of a redundant solution for a cluster/gfs
filesystem i.e ( gnbd, gulm etc) ?

Regards,

Brian

Message: 9