[Linux-cluster] Problems with LVM: Need some help

Marius Stoica sly_extrem at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 14 16:41:17 UTC 2005

 I have the following cluster.conf:

  <?xml version="1.0"?>
  <cluster name="GFSCL" config_version="2">

  <cman two_node="1" expected_votes="1">
  </cman>

  <clusternodes>
  <clusternode name="nd1">
      <fence>
          <method name="single">
              <device name="human1" nodename="nd1"/>
          </method>
      </fence>
  </clusternode>
  <clusternode name="nd2">
      <fence>
          <method name="single">
              <device name="human2" nodename="nd2"/>
          </method>
      </fence>
  </clusternode>
  </clusternodes>

  <fencedevices>
      <fencedevice name="human1" agent="fence_manual"/>
      <fencedevice name="human2" agent="fence_manual"/>
  </fencedevices>

  </cluster>

  Iam trying to set up a two node cluster with shared storage and I have /dev/hda3 of 5GB for testing.

  First I have instaled cluster, dm, and LVM with the specified "parameters" (specified in the usage.txt)

  I have done modprobe for:
  lock_dlm, dlm, cman, gfs, lock_harness

  with both nodes started i have tried

  ccsd
  cman_tool join -w
  fence_tool join -w
  clvmd

  and I started to create the lv:
  pvcreate /dev/hda3
  vgcreate vg /dev/hda3

  and when I tried to do lvcreate -L 100 vg i get this error:
  "Error locking on node nd2: Internal lvm error, check syslog
   Failed to activate new LV"

  When I check syslog there are no errors...and I have a lv created /dev/vg/lvol0
  and I can activate the lv bt vgchange -aly....

  Have I done something wrong ?
  Can I have shared storage using this method ? I want my nodes to have  identical data on one drive and this one to be updated only on one node.

  Thanks,

Marius Stoica
skispeo at home.ro
www.skispeo.home.ro