[Linux-cluster] Need Professional Help

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Mon Dec 19 15:13:29 UTC 2005

From: Marius Stoica [mailto:sly_extrem at yahoo.com]

>  The cluster that I want to build has the following structure.
>
> I have 2 nodes with 2 network cards each.
> The conection between the nodes is made on 10.1.1.x addreses.
>

>                     __________________
>                     |Load balancer   |
>                     |________________|
>                       /            \
>                     /                \
>                   /                    \
>                 /                        \
>               /                            \
>           192.168.1.2                       192.168.1.3
>         _____________                       _____________
>         |    nd1     |                     |    nd2     |
>         | /dev/hda3  |---------------------| /dev/hda3  |
>         |___________ |10.1.1.1    10.1.1.2 |____________|
>

> The connection with the Load balancer has 192.168.1.x addreses.
>
> What I want to do is:
>
> -I want to run HTTPD on the mount point of /dev/hda3
>
> -/dev/hda3 to be in mirror on both nodes and
> in the same time to have acces to the partition
> (I belive this is SHARED DISK)
>

> Can anyone help me with this ?
>
> I have tried this with no succes...:(

   [ SNIP ]

>   <resources>
>       <clusterfs device="/dev/vg00/lvol01" fstype="gfs" mountpoint="/raid"
name="store1" options=""/>
>   </resources>

Your diagram does not match the storage defined here.  I believe you
took this from the example I provided last week.  My setup has a
separate raid unit that is accessible by both servers.  Your setup has
hard drives in each server.  This is a completely different setup.  I
think you can do what you want using either NFS or GNBD, but I can't
help you there as I have never attempted a cluster setup using either
of those.

To give you an idea, my setup looks like this:

           Load Balancer
       Server1      Server2
        Raid Storage with GFS

Bowie