[Linux-cluster] How to update cluster.conf

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Tue Dec 20 22:06:41 UTC 2005

Jonathan Brassow <mailto:jbrassow at redhat.com> wrote:
> Those instructions seem pretty out of date for... hmmm, what are you
> using - RHEL3, RHEL4, something else?
>
> I think RHEL4 would be:
>
> 1) all nodes in cluster w/ original cluster.conf
> 2) cp /etc/cluster/cluster.conf foo.conf
> 3) edit foo.conf, bumping version #
> 4) ccs_tool update foo.conf
> 5) cman_tool version -r <current version #>

That's what I was looking for.  I seem to remember that ccs_tool command
now that you mention it.  I'll have to put this in my notes for next
time.

I'm running on CentOS4, which should be the same as RHEL4.

The instructions I was following are from:
http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/doc/usage.txt

They are a bit out of date, but it is a pretty good step-by-step
instruction set for a newcomer.  If there is a better one out there by
now, let me know.

--
Bowie