[Linux-cluster] mount file system GFS

maria perez mshk_00 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 12 11:59:56 UTC 2005

I follow the basic example C.3 of the administration Guide of Red Hat GFS
6.0. :" LOCK_GULM SLM Embedded" with only two nodes to access a one file
system shared that resides in a SAN (MJ) via iscsi.
I have installed red hat enterprise 3.0, kernel 2.4.21-15.0.4.EL, with the
modules for GFS-6.0.0-7.
All go right (pools created and activated, cca created, ccsd launched, file
system created with gfs_mkfs) except I can not mount the file system, the
command mount not recognize the file system type gfs, the message appears on
the console is:
    mount : type file system incorrect, option incorrect, superblock
incorrect in /dev/pool/pool_gfs01 or number of file systems mounted
excessive
/dev/pool/pool_gfs01 is pool created for file system, the device assigned is
/dev/sdd2
Why can not mount the file system? what is wrong?