[Linux-cluster] 3 questions

Raj Kumar rajkum2002 at rediffmail.com
Wed Jan 12 23:49:10 UTC 2005

>1- should i setup the temporary directory for GFS configuration files
>      on the two nodes or only on one node ?

>2- and if on the two nodes, should i run the :
>       ( ccs_tool create.... ) command on the two nodes or only from one ?

ONLY FROM ONE NODE. THIS IS KIND OF GFS SETUP WHICH HAS TO BE DONE ONCE AND SO YOU RUN IT FROM ONLY ONE NODE.

>3- I have two members , and have build the cluster.ccs file as follow:
>
>   cluster {
>    name = "oracluster"
>    lock_gulm {
>          servers = [ "orat1"]
>    }
>}

THIS ENTRY INDICATES THE NODES RUNNING LOCK SERVERS (LOCK_GULMD). SINCE YOU HAVE ONLY TWO NODES YOU CAN RUN ONLY ONE LOCK SERVER AND YOU WILL PUT THE NAME OF THE NODE RUNNING LOCK SERVER HERE.

From GFS manual:

Because of quorum requirements, the number of lock servers allowed in a GFS cluster can be 1, 3, 4, or 5. Any other number of lock servers that is, 0, 2, or more than 5 is not supported.

Hope this helps!
Raj