: Re: Re Re: [Linux-cluster] mount file system GFS

Corey Kovacs cjkovacs at verizon.net
Fri Jan 14 11:29:38 UTC 2005

You don't have to remove the loopback line, only the reference to the machines host name
in that line...

so instead of having....

127.0.0.1        mymachinename localhost.localdomain   localhost

You only need/want....

127.0.0.1        localhost.localdomain   localhost
192.168.1.1 mymachinename.mydomain.com mymachinename

of course you'll use your correct ip address, etc....

having the host name in the loopback line causes all sorts of problems with
other things as well and I am not sure why it's put there in the first place.

Cheers.

Corey