[Linux-cluster] GFS and HEARTBEAT

maria perez mshk_00 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 25 10:18:37 UTC 2005

Hi, I have a doubt (among many).

   How can  I  stablish heartbear with GFS???

   I have two nodes connected through ethernet, both nodes are servers
lock_gulmd (I have installed GFS 6.0.0-7.1 over my kernel 2.4. 21-15.0.4.EL-
I am using Red Hat Enterprise v.3).
   In the file CLUSTER.CCS I have defined three nodes (the third never take
part in the cluster),
   the three nodes too are defined in the file NODES.CCS, the method of
fencing that I have defined is
   MANUAL. I would like to know how I can install heartbeat in my system:

   Has GFS any mechanism that permit run heartbeat??

   Why GFS can add parameters for heartbeat in the file CLUSTER.CCS??

  What relation have this parameter with the process heartbeat??
  I have to download and install heartbeat from ..
                        http://linux-ha.org/download ??????????'
  or GFS incorporates any ???

  Thanks for all,
       maria.