[Linux-cluster] GFS and HEARTBEAT

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Thu Jan 27 18:36:38 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 11:18 +0100, maria perez wrote:

>   What relation have this parameter with the process heartbeat??
>   I have to download and install heartbeat from ..
>                         http://linux-ha.org/download ??????????'
>   or GFS incorporates any ???

Hi Maria,

No work has been done to integrate GFS with Heartbeat.  There is a lot
of common work being done between the linux-cluster project and the
linux-ha project, so this may change in the future.

However, it should be possible to run GFS as the backend store for
services/resource groups managed by heartbeat, but be aware that
heartbeat's notion of membership and GFS's may not always coincide (e.g.
one might think node X is offline, while the other believes it to be
online).

-- Lon