[Linux-cluster] How do nodes in a cluster authenticate each other?

Jeff Harr jharr at opsource.net
Wed Jul 27 17:35:15 UTC 2005

I asked this under a different heading earlier but nobody answered :-)
Don't mean to spam the group but I can't figure it out.  This is on a
Redhat Cluster 4.

Basically, I don't remember ever having to enter a password to get my
cluster working.  It seems like one box is essentially hacking the other
box (ie., every time it does a "send to cluster" command).  Anybody know
how this is happening?  My worry is that someone could theoretically
engage my cluster by knowing the cluster-id.

Thanks,
Jeff