[Linux-cluster] RHEL4 spec file - hugemem on x86_64

Troy Dawson dawson at fnal.gov
Wed Jul 27 15:45:34 UTC 2005

Hello,

I just thought I'd ask if this has already been taken care of before I
put up a bugzilla bug.

on the rpm's that build kernel modules they require kernel-hugemem and
kernel-hugemem-devel to build.  But for x86_64 there isn't a
kernel-hugemem and the kernel-hugemem-devel is an i686.

To fix this you just need to put a

%if %{buildhugemem}
BuildRequires: kernel-hugemem = %{kernel_version}
BuildRequires: kernel-hugemem-devel = %{kernel_version}
%endif

up in the BuildRequires section.
This affects
dlm-kernel-2.6.9-34.0.src.rpm
GFS-kernel-2.6.9-35.5.src.rpm
gnbd-kernel-2.6.9-8.27.src.rpm
cman-kernel-2.6.9-36.0.src.rpm

One solution you can do is build them with the  --nodeps option, but you
have to be careful to make sure you have all the other dependancies in
before you run it with that.

Troy