[Linux-cluster] Can I use cman instead of the HA (HighAvailability) package?

Kovacs, Corey J. cjk at techma.com
Tue Jun 7 12:11:09 UTC 2005

I have been trying to get GFS (6.0.2.20) to use the second nic by using the
"usedev" directive to no avail. Actually, what happens is the third node
always uses the first nic. My config looks like this...

/etc/hosts
==========================
192.168.1.11      node1
192.168.1.12      node2
192.168.1.13      node3
192.168.1.101    node1-ic
192.168.1.102    node2-ic
192.168.1.103    node3-ic

cluster.ccs
==========================
cluster {
                name = "mycluster"
                lock_gulm {
                        servers = [ "node1" , "node2" , "node3" ]
                }
}

nodes.ccs
==========================
nodes    {
    node1 {
        ip_interfaces {
                    node1-ic = "192.168.1.101"
        }
        usedev = "node1-ic"
        fence {
                iLO {
                        node1-ilo {
                                    action = "reboot"
                        }
                }
        }

    }
    node2 {
        ... (omitted for space)
    }

    node3{
        ... (omitted for space)
    }

}

When I start lock_gulmd on all the nodes, the first two (node1, node2) report
(via gulm_tool nodelist node1) they are using the second nic as directed, but
node3 always reports nic1 being used. The first nics are all connected to
100M links and the seconds nics are all 1GB links. I can ping all the nic2's
using "ping -I eth1 node1-ic" etc and they all respond. I've even gone so far
as to set up static-routes but that just killed things because node3's
lock_gulmd keeps binding to nic1.

Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?