[Linux-cluster] Can I use cman instead of the HA (HighAvailability) package?

Michael Conrad Tadpol Tilstra mtilstra at redhat.com
Tue Jun 7 12:55:56 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 08:11:09AM -0400, Kovacs, Corey J. wrote:
>    When I start lock_gulmd on all the nodes, the first two (node1, node2)
>    report (via gulm_tool nodelist node1) they are using the second nic as
>    directed, but node3 always reports nic1 being used. The first nics are all
>    connected to 100M links and the seconds nics are all 1GB links. I can ping
>    all the nic2's using "ping -I eth1 node1-ic" etc and they all respond. I've
>    even gone so far as to set up static-routes but that just killed things
>    because node3's lock_gulmd keeps binding to nic1.
>
>    Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?

nope. but lets see if we can figure it out.
Look in syslog.  When gulm starts, it logs what it thinks its name and
IP is.  From what you're saying you should see node3 printing the ip for
the first nic.  Also, can I see the entire nodes.ccs file?  Also, You
can start lock_gulmd with the -C flag, and it will dump what it thinks
its config is into /tmp/Gulm_config.?????? (the ? will be random chars)
so you can peek at that and compare with what you put in the config to
make sure it matches.

--
Michael Conrad Tadpol Tilstra
I'm getting tired of mounting drives all day.