[Linux-cluster] A few GFS newbie questions: journals, etc

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Wed Jun 29 11:50:06 UTC 2005

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
> Yes, this is expected behaviour. When you add a node to the cluster,
> expected_votes is adjusted to be the higher value of all cluster nodes.
> If you want to lock down expected_votes then you need to override it in
> cluster.conf otherwise it will be calculated by cman_tool to be the sum
> of the votes of all the nodes in that file.

I am overriding it in cluster.conf - I've got it hardcoded to 10 (for
testing, in the <cman> section), and all of the physical nodes have 50
votes.

However, when the second physical node goes online, expected_votes gets
raised, so when that node leaves, the first node doesn't have enough votes
to keep a quorum.