[Linux-cluster] GFS init scripts order?

Dan B. Phung phung at cs.columbia.edu
Sat May 7 02:08:22 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm using GFS with Debian, and want to make the symlinks for the init
scripts.

The first thing I notice is this:

blade04:/etc/rc6.d# /etc/init.d/ccsd start
/etc/init.d/ccsd: line 15: /etc/init.d/functions: No such file or directory
Starting ccsd:/etc/init.d/ccsd: line 26: success: command not found

however, I notice that ccsd is up and running.  is init.d/functions
something that's standard on redhat installations?  I was going to add
them to rc6.d and have the startup go in the obvious order:

S35networking
S36ifupdown
S40umountfs

S50ccsd
S50cman
S50fenced
S51clvmd

but what do I used to call vgchange -aly to activate my logical volumes?
init.d/gfs doesn't seem to do this, and I can add it, but I was
wondering if that is what everybody else was doing.

I'll have to deal with this for shutdown as well...

regards,
Dan