[Linux-cluster] activeMonitor()

DeadManMoving sequel at neofreak.org
Fri Nov 4 17:20:40 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 10:56 -0500, Lon Hohberger wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 09:14 -0500, DeadManMoving wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > is there someone who can tell me (or shed some lights) on what is the
> > purpose of the new activeMonitor() function in the new
> > (rgmanager-1.9.39-0) /usr/share/cluster/fs.sh? I can see it is use
> > before mounting a device or after umounting a device but in my case, i
> > don't see anything in $mp/.clumanager beside the usual rmtab (as i see
> > in the activeMonitor() function, it's suppose to write devmon.data and
> > devmon.pid there).
>
> Some people don't like the 60-second write check interval, so
> activeMonitor() spawns a daemon which monitors fs activity using direct
> I/O in order to attempt to detect file system problems faster (2 second
> interval).
>
> It's a really simple daemon, which exits / reboots depending on the
> configuration.

Do you have any idea of what will be the configuration directives (in
cluster.conf?) to deal with that daemon?

> The only problem is that the daemon is not not there, probably because
> the developer did something daft and forgot to do "cvs add" before
> running "cvs commit"...
>

> > Also, is there any plan to implement quota in fs.sh? Cause i have to
> > manually patch that file each time i upgrade my cluster.
>
> Why don't you post that patch to linux-cluster?

I'll try as soon as i can, cause right now, the only thing i do is
quotaon after the device is mounted and quotaoff before the device is
unmounted because i always need quota support (will try to post a patch
to make it conditionnal depending if the user specified quota in
$mount_options).

> -- Lon

Tony Lapointe