[Linux-cluster] activeMonitor()

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Fri Nov 4 15:56:29 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 09:14 -0500, DeadManMoving wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> is there someone who can tell me (or shed some lights) on what is the
> purpose of the new activeMonitor() function in the new
> (rgmanager-1.9.39-0) /usr/share/cluster/fs.sh? I can see it is use
> before mounting a device or after umounting a device but in my case, i
> don't see anything in $mp/.clumanager beside the usual rmtab (as i see
> in the activeMonitor() function, it's suppose to write devmon.data and
> devmon.pid there).

Some people don't like the 60-second write check interval, so
activeMonitor() spawns a daemon which monitors fs activity using direct
I/O in order to attempt to detect file system problems faster (2 second
interval).

It's a really simple daemon, which exits / reboots depending on the
configuration.

The only problem is that the daemon is not not there, probably because
the developer did something daft and forgot to do "cvs add" before
running "cvs commit"...

> Also, is there any plan to implement quota in fs.sh? Cause i have to
> manually patch that file each time i upgrade my cluster.

Why don't you post that patch to linux-cluster?

-- Lon