[Linux-cluster] RHEL/RHCS3: /usr/lib/clumanager/services/service status # stays up

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Fri Sep 2 14:52:14 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 17:03 -0600, Tarun Reddy wrote:
> I believe it may have been a deadlocking issue when my status check
> was at 1 second. I had thought it was 1 minute. When I moved it to 60
> seconds, the issue disappeared, mostly. There were occasionally a
> few /usr/lib/clumanager/service/status scripts running for days, and
> they generally are bunched together.

How long does your status script take to complete normally?

There is a known issue where if more than one service operation is
requested for a given service, then the service manager will block...

This might be what you are seeing, but only if (under some situations)
the status check is taking longer than the status check interval.

Can you bugzilla this?

-- Lon