[Linux-cluster] Switching Master and Slave using lock_gulm

Troy Dawson dawson at fnal.gov
Wed Sep 14 19:39:15 UTC 2005

Hi,
I can't seem to find this answered anywhere, so if I've overlooked
something, please point me in the right direction.

I have my GFS cluster running using lock_gulm.  I have 3 masters.  The
one that I REALLY want to be the master came up last, so it is a slave.
  Both the machine that is currently the master, and the machine I want
to be the master should not be rebooted, or actually, loose their GFS
file system ability (one is read/write, one is read only)

So the question is, is there a command in gulm_tools (or some other
program) that will allow me to switch the master from one machine to the
other without restarting any of the lock_gulm's.

Thanks
Troy