[Linux-cluster] Switching Master and Slave using lock_gulm

Adam Manthei amanthei at redhat.com
Thu Sep 15 03:39:08 UTC 2005

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 02:39:15PM -0500, Troy Dawson wrote:
> So the question is, is there a command in gulm_tools (or some other
> program) that will allow me to switch the master from one machine to the
> other without restarting any of the lock_gulm's.

Not really.  You have to bring down the lock_gulmd processes in order to
control the order.  You can try running `gulm_tool switchpending` on the
master server.  That will force the master into the pending state, the only
problem is that it might be the first one to recognize that there is no
master and may come back as master again.  On the other hand, you may get
lucky and have the master switch to the machine that you want to be master.

--
Adam Manthei  <amanthei at redhat.com>