[Linux-cluster] a doubt on quorums

Kumaresh Ponnuswamy kumaresh81 at yahoo.co.in
Wed Apr 12 08:12:24 UTC 2006

Hi,

  I have a problem with my cluster and quorum settings and any help will be appreciated.

  I have a five node cluster with quorum vote of 1 for all the 5 nodes. They have a GFS shared file system on all the five nodes, and, two domains and two services involving two nodes.

  When I shut down the 3 nodes that don't participate in the two domains and clustered services, both the services stop and fail to start when tried manually also.

  I guess it is something to do with the quorum settings, but not sure on the way forward.

  The environment is on RHEL AS 4U2 with GFS 6.1 and RHCS 4U2.

  Regards,
  Kumaresh