[Linux-cluster] Clustat in user's profile

Kovacs, Corey J. cjk at techma.com
Thu Apr 20 11:16:52 UTC 2006

It's easy to illustrate, just do a "clustsat -i 1" in one window, then fence
another node from another. The clustat will pause (hang) at one point. Not a
very
scientific test and probably a situation that would crop up much, but it can
"pause" under normal use. As far as hanging, well, it's software, which by
it's
very nature can hang. It'll probaly happen right when your showing your boss
the
new whiz-bang cluster you've been working on :)

Things that can make _anything_ hang of course are slow resolves, interrupted

authentication mechanism (nis or ldap puking or slow) or maybe an NFS mount
which
is having issues which causes access checks to timeout/fail etc.

In short, I'm personally not a fan of issueing commands during login scripts.

Cheers,

Corey