[Linux-cluster] New features/architecture ?

Kovacs, Corey J. cjk at techma.com
Thu Apr 20 11:46:24 UTC 2006

I've worked with GFS 6 and 6.1 quite a bit lately and in reading the posts
over the last few months, I see a lot
of references to gfs2. I'm not quite sure where it sits in the grand scheme
of things other than it's the next big
itteration of gfs as a whole and attepmpts are being made to mearge it into
the kernel.

This post has some good info, but not much in the way of specifics
http://lwn.net/Articles/150652/

*	GFS2 - an improved version of GFS, not on-disk compatible
*	DLM - an improved version of DLM
*	CMAN - a new version of CMAN, based on OpenAIS
<http://developer.osdl.org/dev/openais/>
*	CLVM - will allow more LVM2 features to be used in the cluster

These seem to be all there is as far as a "roadmap" and the OpenAIS link
doesn't seem all that descriptive
unless one is a developer.

Is there some point of reference which describes the changes between whats
already released and what is
planned? For instance, a post recently mentioned adding openais
interfaces/functionality.

Basically I guess I am looking for a roadmap of some sort?

Cheers

Corey