[Linux-cluster] Patch: nodeid based cdpn for GFS shared root

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Thu Apr 20 15:46:07 UTC 2006

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 10:37:40AM -0500, Jonathan E Brassow wrote:
> I've only heard in passing, but...
>
> I think that there has been community push back on the cdpn's.  I don't
> think they want them in GFS 2.  It may be tough to argue that GFS 1
> needs more cdpn capability if it is completely going away in GFS 2.

CDPN's are already removed from GFS2, and probably don't have much chance
of getting back in since the linux-kernel folks really have the say.

Given that CDPN's are already in GFS1 and won't ever be removed from
there, I don't see any reason not to add a nodeid option.  GFS2 will need
a different approach regardless of whether nodeid is added to GFS1 or not.

Dave