[Linux-cluster] Patch: nodeid based cdpn for GFS shared root

Jonathan E Brassow jbrassow at redhat.com
Thu Apr 20 15:37:40 UTC 2006

I've only heard in passing, but...

I think that there has been community push back on the cdpn's.  I don't
think they want them in GFS 2.  It may be tough to argue that GFS 1
needs more cdpn capability if it is completely going away in GFS 2.
The reason sited against cdpn's was the fact that 'mount --bind'
exists.  If you could articulate why bind mounts are insufficient for
your uses, it may give the community a reason to take a second look at
cdpn's.

  brassow