[Linux-cluster] gfs_fsck fails on large filesystem

Robert Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Tue Aug 1 16:38:27 UTC 2006

Stephen Willey wrote:
> We fscked the filesystem because we'd started seeing the following
> errors following a power failure.
> (snip)
> We're running on x86_64 so it can use as much memory as it likes.  The
> filesystem is roughly 45Tb.

Hi Stephen,

Yes, this is a problem with gfs_fsck.  The problem is, it tries to
allocate memory
for bitmaps based on the size of the file system.  The bitmap structures
are used
throughout the code, so they're not optional.  I'll have to figure out
how to
do this a better way.  Thanks for opening the bugzilla (200883).  I'll
work on it.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite