[Linux-cluster] gfs_fsck fails on large filesystem

Stephen Willey stephen.willey at framestore-cfc.com
Tue Aug 1 16:32:45 UTC 2006

Robert Peterson wrote:

> Hi Stephen,
>
> Yes, this is a problem with gfs_fsck.  The problem is, it tries to
> allocate memory
> for bitmaps based on the size of the file system.  The bitmap structures
> are used
> throughout the code, so they're not optional.  I'll have to figure out
> how to
> do this a better way.  Thanks for opening the bugzilla (200883).  I'll
> work on it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bob Peterson
> Red Hat Cluster Suite

The fsck is now running after we added the 137Gb swap drive.  It appears
to consistently chew about 4Gb of RAM (sometimes higher) but it is
working (for now).

Any ballpark idea of how long it'll take to fsck a 45Tb FS?  I know
that's a "how long is a piece of string" question, but are we talking
hours/days/weeks?

Stephen